Deadline: 7th Sept 20201
Danish Refugee council [DRC] in partnership with UNICEF is calling for applicants with innovative ideas to solve community problems through UPSHIFT model. The program aims at building the skills of youth and adolescents through a new model of mentorship that will enable them to gain a valuable and transferable skills to address social needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS.
- Must have a clear innovative idea that will be use in the community to solve asocial problem.
- Must be adolescents and youths[ males and females] age between 16-19 years.
- Must be either a refugee or from host community from Kakuma camp and kalobeyei integrated settlement.
- For refugee applicants they must attach proof of registration [manifest] and for host community they must attach birth certificate or parent/guardian ID
- Must be ready to attend this training sessions and monthly follow up services
- can speak and write in English and Kiswahili
- Adolescents and youths attending or not attending school will be considered.
Interested applicants are invited to collect application forms from DRC field offices in Kalobeyei settlement and Kakuma camp and DRC main office. The filled forms should be summited back to DRC office by 7th September 2021.Succesful applicants will be notified shortly after the deadline.
Visual and performing arts will not be considered as social and innovative ideas eg music, drummer, poet painting among others.
For more information on DRC services please follow them here