Prepared by Kakuma Youth Research Group
Knowing how to write a CV is not a task you should take lightly because this is what will determine whether or not you get a job. In this article check out how to go about writing a CV for internships.
Original post can be accessed thru Career Point Kenya »
1. Demonstrate Interest
You can demonstrate interest in the company or industry by highlighting the experiences you have gained through part time work, voluntary work or relevant personal hobbies. Of course these skills should be relevant to the internship position you are applying for.
2. Highlight Your Ability To Work In A Team
As an intern, you will most likely be expected to work in a team so when it comes to how to write a CV for internship in Kenya, you need to show that you can do this. This can be done by showing your ability to work as a team through group projects in university or during your industrial attachment.
Sample CV For An Internship In Kenya
Martha The Job Seeker
P. O. Box 715 – 00100, Nairobi
A dedicated Accounting Professional with a Bachelors degree in accounting option from XYZ University. I have gained knowledge in preparing financial reports, accounting and financial management standards, preparing accurate and timely reports and general ledger operations. I am seeking an internship with a well respected firm where my accounting knowledge will be utilized. I am committed to developing my career path as an Accountant and to expand on my work experience.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Detail-oriented, efficient and outstanding knowledge in accounting systems and procedures
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to make well thought out decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good time-management skills with strong organizational capabilities.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex financial data
Educational & Professional Qualifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Part II, ABC, April 2015
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting option), XYZ, 2014
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, Name of School, 2010
Accounting Assistant, Mwea Consulting Limited January 2016– Present
- Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparing reports and organizing clients’ information as well as ensuring reconciliations are done correctly and stayed within budgets by staff
- Implementing procedures, risk management and internal control
- Entering client data into the tax computer software as Well As On Other Clerical duties
- Preparing and mailing confirmations of the balances owed by the client’s customers, observing the physical inventory count
- Help with bank statements reconciliation, as well as accounts payable and receivable
- Maintain an organized and well documented and sequential filing system for all payment and petty cash vouchers
- Key Achievements
- Proved to be one of the top employees who submitted reports on time
- Achieved an appreciation certificate for ‘Excellent Customer Service’ while working with the company’s finance team
Data Entry Assistant, Akiba Microfinance Institution- July 2014 to October 2014
- Duties And Responsibilities
- Entering data information in the Computer hence keeping a record on all individual debtors
- Providing detailed interpretation of analysis in the analysis report which may include presenting finding in graphs, charts, tables etc
- Assist in the timely compilation, aggregation and generation of weekly, monthly and quarterly data reports
- Maintain safe custody of all program data including a system of filing copies of query reports as well as other activity reports
- Interests And Hobbies
- Volunteering at social events, writing and Traveling
Please feel free to contact the under mentioned in regard to my competence, work ethic and performance
- Name, Title, Contact address & email
- Name, Title, Contact information
- Name, Title, Contact.